Today was indeed 3G iPhone’s big day. Every technology news sites that I can think off, were busy the whole day covering nitty-gritty details of 3G iPhone. I was excited myself about the 3G iPhone. Apple finally announced that 3G iPhone shall be available in the market by this July.
What's interesting is- In the US the new iPhone 3G shall be priced at a stunning $199 for the 8GB model, and just $299 for the 16GB model. Some of the countries that will see 3G iPhone are —Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US—on July 11
Highlights of the 3G iPhone:
• Thinner edges, full plastic back, flush headphone jack, and the iPhone 2.0 firmware
• Its 3G speeds shall trounce the competition, with pageloads 36% faster than the N95 and Treo 750
• 300 hours of standby, 8-10 hours of 2G talk, 5 hours of 3G talk, 7 hours of video and 24 hours of audio.
• Uses A-GPS, which supplements regular satellite GPS data with info from cellular towers
• Enables PUSH support. This means that a person can receive an email, get an alert, receive an update from eBay without having to be in the application, or without having to run it in the background.
• Will have an App Store from where consumers can download games,video,music and other applications
• Lots of enterprise features, RIM blackberry beware. Is this the new blackberry killer
Lot of folks have written exclusively about 3G iPhone. So Instead of writing the same stuff again, I have collected some good article below. Enjoy!
List of new apps from TechCrunch
Pricing Information from Gizmodo
First Impression From Walt Mossberg
Om Talks about stress testing ATT 3G network with 3G iPhone
Check out this video
Monday, June 9, 2008
Posted by Ravi Shankar at 8:12 PM