Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gizmo takes away USA dial in numbers without notice

Update:
The service is back. Looks like it was a minor glitch on Gizmo side. All is well.
Ok, this may be an after effect of Google acquiring Gizmo. Gizmo users including me lost their USA dial in numbers. I had forwarded my Google Voice Number to Gizmo dial number and was surprised to see it not working. The same number was working couple of weeks back. It was Andy who figured it out and I did my own testing to figure out that I lost my number. This doesn’t make sense. At least the least I would expect from Gizmo is to inform all their users about the new change. It never happened. Maybe, Gizmo doesn’t care about the existing users anymore. They already made the moolah. I would definitely not recommend such service/product to anyone in future.

As Andy points out, Maybe Gizmo’s integration with Google Voice is really happening and we can expect to see some major updates to the gizmo client. Let me know what you guys think.

Digg this

No comments: